| Introduction | Notices (20/3/06) | My Hobbies |

Another day of going to class...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



While I was going for my class yesterday I received this from some girl with a guy who does not seems to be a Malaysian at Masjid Jamek Star LRT...

Sadly it's too small even as a tissue paper, thus I used it to write short notes on it...

Nothing much as for the class, I learned about making UTP cable as a network cable. It's the cable we used for networking. It does not have a connector, so I need to skin off the cable jacket around 1 inch. I arrange those small wires inside the cable, it consist of 9 wires with different colors and each of this wire will then be inserted into the connector, which is the head of the network cable. After that I use a crimp tool to pin the wires in the connector so it won't fall out.

When finished I insert them into this not sure what it's called test gadget where if it's done correctly all green would appear.

Frankly speaking, I had to adjust the wire a bit by bending and such to get it well done as the wire isn't pinned well into the jack(in other words it's not perfectly done), probably cause the length for each wires were slightly different thus the shorter one doesn't contact well to the connector.


0 Responses to “Another day of going to class...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Henry
  • From PJ, Malaysia
  • Nothing much really...
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


Free Website Counters
Hits
Halloween Faq